PositiveNaija Q&A Forum

PositiveNaija Q&A Forum is a question-and-answer platform focused on constructive discussions on the development of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Please freely express yourself and we only ask that you keep your posts polite, factual, relevant as well as well-framed. In extreme circumstances, we may remove posts that violate this prescription.

Nigeria and Nigerians

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Relationship goals

Is it right to have a fixed expectation when going into a relationship?

This is a very good and practical question Esther. Thanks.

Look forward to the thoughts or views of others.

Visit the PositiveNaija Art Gallery & Gift Shop in Abuja (+2349064503292). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hJjE41dSkSjWW3ZQKLKg2leZ_KexyvC
Quote from Anyanwu Esther Amarachi on July 16, 2020, 5:58:20 PM

Is it right to have a fixed expectation when going into a relationship?

For me, everyone should have expectations going into relationships of any kind. Why? When the purpose of a thing is not defined, abuse is inevitable. Nonetheless, do not go into a relationship expecting what you ain't willing to give because that is what I call selfish expectations.

My answer to this question would be yes. Going into a relationship without an expectation will leave you having to deal with everything and anything. I will advise having well defined expectations that are realistic. Having well defined expectations in a relationship will foster growth and intimacy while avoiding unnecessary quarrels between parties involved.