Our Thinking Room houses good ideas we monitor or come across and thereafter, we deliberate and meditate on them overtime, plan and refine towards improving Nigeria and Nigerians. We also could ‘scribble’ the developments of our thoughts primarily, on how our work could in one way or the other assist in the implementation of such ideas. In addition, we welcome your comments as well on how such ideas we put up from your own perspective could be better enhanced or implemented.
POSITIVENAIJA RESEARCH / INSIGHTS
- Factors driving the positive progress and excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians in 2019 by PositiveNaija
- Guide On How To Be Patriotic As A Nigerian [Songs] by Chukwuebuka Usulor
- Guide On How To Be Excellent As A Nigerian [Videos] by Toju M. Ogbe
- Guide On How To Develop A Good Character As A Nigerian [Books] by Toju M. Ogbe
- Reasons why many Nigerians lack interest or passion or appreciation for good or positive news achieved by Nigeria and Nigerians by Fego E. Onowori
- The benefits or advantages of good or positive news for Nigeria and Nigerians by Fego E. Onowori
- Media platforms focusing on good or positive news stories about Nigeria and Nigerians by Fego E. Onowori
- Great Things About Nigeria, Which Every Nigerian Should Be Proud Of! By Aishat Ibrahim
- Lectures of Leke Alder
- The concept of Abulecentrism and Nigeria’s political, economic and social logjams, By Prof. Olurinde Lafe
- Purpose Share
- Standard redefinition (+ / – / ∼) – ongoing
- Fela Durotoye – The State of the Nation
- The Good Country
- Onye Nkuzi: “… what can we sell to these markets”?
- Reward System
- Teach, Entertain, Inspire and Engage
- Nigeria: In Search of Patriots, By Dele Agekameh
- The Ethics of Engaged Journalism by Michael Fancher
PositiveNaija Editorial Standards
As a result of the plethora in positive progress and developments in certain sectors/categories by Nigeria and Nigerians as well as improve on the benchmark for excellence, we continuously elevate the standards accordingly.
In our commitment to promoting the culture of excellence and responsible journalism, we are pleased to confirm that posts eligible for publication on our platform will be guided by the following parameters.
|Categories||Standards for Published Posts|
|General||Core values: Truth, reliability (commitment, courage, competence & consistency), respect, valid sense of judgement and excellence.|
|General||For awards, recognitions, honours, etc., the rationale or reason(s) or context for understanding be made available in the reported/presented news. When this is not present, we shall rely on our conviction based on the recipient’s merit for such honour.|
|General||For awards, recognitions, honours, etc., the character of an individual(s) or entity deemed as exemplary based on our knowledge shall be a determinant.|
|General||News with incomplete list of winners will not be published. Organisers of recognitions and journalists should ensure fair/just reporting rather than selective reporting of certain awardees. We however, endeavour to still check/collate from various news source in such regard.|
|General||PositiveNaija media or press or communication kit|
|General||Award in the name of person predominantly epic/first-of-its-kind/history defining.|
|Business & Economy||Predominant consideration of strengthening the Naira/ indigenous development.|
|Health & Environment||Predominantly alkaline sources.|
|Leadership & Diplomacy||Predominantly epic/first-of-its-kind/history defining appointments.|
|Science & Technology|
|“Avoid Greed This Week” campaign|
Our Advocated Performance Indicators on Redefined & Excellent Standards of Nigeria’s Value Based System [First created: 29-10-2017]
In simple terms, these indicators represent the signal identified/recognised by us that shows the extent of ideal progress made by Nigeria. We therefore believe that in course of achieving any of these indicators at any given time, in such sphere (and notably beyond), a consistent, genuine and verifiable transformation of the Nigerian society has occurred.
These indicators takes into consideration the past and current dispositions, which serve as a useful lead into a sensible and prosperous future.
- A Nigerian emerging winner of the Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership. [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- Nigeria ranked 1st in overall governance performance in the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG). [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- The abolishment of the federal character principle in section 14 subsection 3 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) as amended [Reference: The Nigerian Constitution]
- All Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their budgets/contracts. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria]
- All MDAs of Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their call circulars. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria].
- A Nigerian or Nigerian entity emerging winner of The Nobel Peace Prize [Reference: Nobel Peace Prize]
- The Nigerian Police ranked Africa’s best police service in the World Internal Security and Police Index (WISPI) [Reference: WISPI]
2020 News under consideration; subject to verification/countering
- Gradely wins Edtech Summit Award for the adaptive solution of the year [Rationale: Incomplete list of winners]
*Last updated: 20 March 2020