Winners have emerged at the 2021 Africa International Film Festival (AFRIFF) Awards on the occasion of its 10th anniversary held on November 13, 2021.
- Best feature Film – ‘Trees for Peace’ (Alanna Brown)
- Best Actress – Ijeoma Grace Agu ’10 Songs for Charity’
- Best Actor – Kelechi Udegbe ‘Collision Course’
- Best Director – Michael Omonua, CJ Obasi, Abba T. Makama ‘Juju Stories’
- Best Screenplay – Alanna Brown ‘Trees for Peace’
- Special Jury Prize for Best Feature – ‘Tainted Canvas’
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Olu Jacobs
- Oronto Douglas Prize for Best Nigerian Feature – ‘The Griot’ (Adeoluwa Owu)
- Best Documentary – In God’s Hand
- Audience Choice Award – ‘The Hail Mary’ (Nnamdi Kanaga)
- Best Short film – ‘Al-Sit’ (Suzannah Mirghani’)
- Best Animation – ‘Lady Buckit & the Motley MoPsters’ (Bisi Adebayo)
- DJ Babus Babatunde Bashir-Bello Prize Best Student Shorts – ‘Bride Untangled’ (Julie Ako)
The Africa International Film Festival (AFRIFF) is an annual film festival that takes place in Nigeria. It was founded in 2010 with its Inaugural edition in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. AFRIFF was founded by Chioma Ude a passionate film buff and entrepreneur The event normally spans through a week and it includes award shows and film training classes. Keith Shiri, the founder/director of Africa at the Pictures is the Artistic Director of the festival.
AFRIFF gives out honors in categories such Feature, Documentary, Short, Animation, and Students Short, as well as awards and prizes for Directing, Acting, and Screenplay. There are additional special awards for Audience Choice and an Outstanding Film Jury Award.