Thank you for visiting PositiveNaija.
This site is dedicated to informing the world on the positive progress, success and achievements associated with Nigeria and Nigerians in every field of humanity. The aim is to inspire, educate and redefine the standards of our values based system.
Since January 2015 when we commenced with our work (first project approach in 2013: The Nigerian Dream), we aim to gradually but firmly establish in the consciousness of Nigerians the practicability and possibility of their hopes, aspirations, passions, goals and success by adhering to the principles of hardwork, accountability, justice, love, unity, critical thinking as well as other relevant positive values. These are evident in the published positive news on the blog and in different categories, which we progressively monitor relying almost exclusively on various media channels towards redefining the standards of our values based system.
The standard we aim to achieve and maintain continue to evolve but in a consistent manner. For example, prior to the year 2017, we could have as a post published on someone who obtained a First Class degree in a field of study but in 2017, our current standard in respect to such news requires that someone obtains not just a First Class degree but in a unique style. This implies either being the best graduating student or being the first to achieve such feat in a particular institution or having a CGPA of 4.0/4.0. In this regard, news such as someone obtaining a First Class are shared as an external link on our Facebook Page (or Twitter).
Furthermore, in recognition of varying levels of current development standards across various sectors, some sectors might receive recognition with published positive news in appreciation of the growth with such achievement or progress.
For the latest updates on our standards for 2018, kindly visit our Thinking Room.
Vision: To be the pride of every Nigerian.
Mission: We strive towards transforming lives through news management, solution-focused Forum and enriching competitions that are truly impactful, valuable, inspiring, educative, worthy and positive associated with Nigeria and Nigerians.
Our Big Ideas: Standards, Reliability, Impact and Speed.
- To document aptly, the positive excellence of Nigeria & Nigerians.
- To inspire Nigerian patriotism, nation building & excellence.
- As a strategic advocate of responsible journalism.
- To provide greater awareness of valuable progress in Nigeria with reliable data, information as well as insights.
- As a historical record of the ingenuity of the Nigerian people.
- As a reference guide for innovation within the Nigerian context.
- As an educational resource advocating positive values and impactful scholarship.
- As a creative and resourceful guide for best practices for online publishers, bloggers, writers, webmasters, digital marketers, etc.
- By 2020, emerge as the most reliable news platform for Nigerians.
- To have PositiveNaija Annual Essay Competition as the most rewarding educational prize competition in Nigeria.
- To annually publish the PositiveNaija Greats series
Core Values: Truth, reliability (commitment, competence & consistency), respect, valid sense of judgement and excellence.
PositiveNaija Q&A Forum – a question-and-answer platform open to everyone to provide answers, ideas, understanding, solutions to various individual and societal questions/problems.
Avoid Greed This Week Campaign: We have identified greed (also meaning covetousness and selfishness) to be a fundamental destructive element to human prosperity and national development particularly in Nigeria. Greed is therefore primarily an unpleasant manifestation in the human nature that seeks to disregard the needs of others and the human environment at the expense of self-aggrandizement. By such manifestations, basic principles of life and development such as peace, love and justice are abandoned. Thus, on our part, we currently run a weekly campaign (“Avoid Greed This Week”) on our sidebars as a way of discouraging the act of greed and reminding us of its dangers & consequences.
We express a deep sense of gratitude to journalists all over the world, particularly those that have stood/ continue to affirm the truth. Thank you for your courage, hardwork, persistence, sacrifice and belief as your efforts are core pillars of our work.
We lay no claim to the absoluteness of our work rather, we appreciate the efforts of every Nigerian and friends of Nigeria in the nation-building of Nigeria.
We provide objective assessments periodically on positive progress.
Notably, we sought out to deduce the geographic locations (within Nigeria or abroad), which the positive/success news/updates recorded are being achieved. In other words, our aim is to be able to tell objectively, how conducive/enduring the environments are to what Nigeria/Nigerians are achieving. To do this, we determined the locations on the basis of where exactly the achievement, progress, success, etc. was done or achieved as well as will be done or achieved and not based on where an award/recognition was or is presented.
Our Advocated Performance Indicators on Redefined & Excellent Standards of Nigeria’s Value Based System [First created: 29-10-2017].
In simple terms, these indicators represent the signal identified/recognised by us that shows the extent of ideal progress made by Nigeria. We therefore believe that in course of achieving any of these indicators at any given time, in such sphere (and notably beyond), a consistent, genuine and verifiable transformation of the Nigerian society has occurred.
These indicators takes into consideration the past and current dispositions, which serve as a useful lead into a sensible and prosperous future.
- A Nigerian emerging winner of the Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership. [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- Nigeria ranked 1st in overall governance performance in the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG). [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- The abolishment of the federal character principle in section 14 subsection 3 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) as amended [Reference: The Nigerian Constitution]
- All Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their budgets/contracts. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria]
- All MDAs of Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their call circulars. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria].
- A Nigerian or Nigerian entity emerging nominee or winner of The Nobel Peace Prize [Reference: Nobel Peace Prize]
- The Nigerian Police ranked Africa’s best police service in the World Internal Security and Police Index (WISPI) [Reference: WISPI]
Thanks again for visiting, we hope you subscribe to our updates through our various media channels.
Finally, be positive and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
*The PositiveNaija logo is a trademark of United Green Stars Worldwide Limited registered with the Nigeria Trademarks, Patents and Designs Registry of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI).