Thank you for visiting PositiveNaija.
This site is dedicated to informing the world on the positive progress and excellence associated with Nigeria and Nigerians in every field of humanity. The aim is to positively – inspire, educate and redefine the standards of Nigeria’s values based system.
Since January 2015 when we commenced with our work (first project approach in 2013: The Nigerian Dream), we aim to gradually but firmly establish in the consciousness of Nigerians the practicability and possibility of their hopes, aspirations, passions, goals and success by adhering to the principles of hardwork, accountability, justice, love, unity, critical thinking as well as other relevant positive values. These are evident in the published positive news on the blog and in different categories, which we progressively monitor relying almost exclusively on various media channels towards redefining the standards of our values based system.
The standard we aim to achieve and maintain continue to evolve but in a consistent manner. For example, prior to the year 2018, we could have as a post published on a First Class degree holder in a field of study but in 2018, our current standard in respect to such news requires much more e.g. being the best graduating student or being the first to achieve such feat in a particular institution or having a CGPA of 4.0/4.0.
Furthermore, in recognition of varying levels of current development standards across various sectors, some sectors might receive recognition with published positive news in appreciation of the growth with such achievement or progress.
For the latest updates on our standards for 2018, kindly visit our Thinking Room.
Vision: To inspire hope and pride in every Nigerian.
Mission: As a human-centered enterprise, to continuously strive towards creating a good, well-informed and empathetic society for Nigeria and Nigerians through news management and impactful initiatives.
Our Big Ideas: Standards, Reliability, Impact and Speed.
- To document aptly, the positive excellence of Nigeria & Nigerians.
- To inspire Nigerian patriotism, nation building & excellence.
- As a strategic advocate of responsible journalism.
- To build well-informed societies through awareness of valuable progress in Nigeria with reliable data, information as well as insights.
- As a historical record of the ingenuity of the Nigerian people.
- As a reference guide for innovation within the Nigerian context.
- As an educational resource advocating positive values and impactful scholarship.
- As a creative and resourceful guide for best practices for online publishers, bloggers, writers, webmasters, digital marketers, etc.
- By 2020, emerge as the most reliable news platform for Nigerians.
- To have PositiveNaija Annual Essay Competition as the most rewarding educational prize competition in Nigeria.
- To annually publish the PositiveNaija Greats series
Core Values: Truth, reliability (commitment, competence & consistency), respect, valid sense of judgement and excellence.
We express a deep sense of gratitude to journalists all over the world, particularly those that have stood/ continue to affirm the truth. Thank you for your courage, hardwork, persistence, sacrifice and belief as your efforts are core pillars of our work.
We lay no claim to the absoluteness of our work rather, we appreciate the efforts of every Nigerian and friends of Nigeria in the nation-building of Nigeria.
PositiveNaija Essay Competition, Video Contest & Other Nigerian Competitions – aims to encourage Nigerian patriotism, impactful scholarship, nation-building as well as serve as a platform for excellence!
PositiveNaija Q&A Forum – a question-and-answer platform open to everyone to provide answers, ideas, understanding, solutions to various individual and societal questions/problems.
Ongoing in this Forum is the PositiveNaija Daily Quiz.
Avoid Greed This Week Campaign: We have identified greed (also meaning covetousness and selfishness) to be a fundamental destructive element to human prosperity and national development particularly in Nigeria. Greed is therefore primarily an unpleasant manifestation in the human nature that seeks to disregard the needs of others and the human environment at the expense of self-aggrandizement. By such manifestations, basic principles of life and development such as peace, love and justice are abandoned. Thus, on our part, we currently run a weekly campaign (“Avoid Greed This Week”) on our sidebars as a way of discouraging the act of greed and reminding us of its dangers & consequences.
PositiveNaija-COGA Monthly Bible Quiz – aimed at promoting the knowledge and consciousness of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Bible.
PositiveNaija Analysis & Assessments – aimed at providing objective periodic assessments on positive progress about Nigeria and Nigerians.
Love & Heroes – aimed at celebrating the positive value of Nigerians all over the world no matter how little their impact might be, which the world might be unaware of. The overall goal is to promote the value of the Nigerian human life through the spirit of love, gratitude and positive works/deeds. This is included on our weekly videos.
View the criteria and nominated persons here: Love & Heroes 2018-11-29 PositiveNaija
Our impact on sustainable development
- The 2017-2018 PositiveNaija Essay Competitions (titled ‘How Great Is Nigeria’ and ‘The Love of a Nigerian’) received 123 entries (122 Nigerians and 1 Bulgarian). This activity entrenches critical thinking and illuminate on what genuinely makes Nigeria a great country today, which every Nigerian and Non-Nigerians should be proud of.
- The publishing of the “PositiveNaija Series 2017: Convocation of Green Eagles” – a historic and educational resource, which reliably informs the world of the positive excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians globally for the year 2017.
Thanks again for visiting, we hope you subscribe to our updates through our various media channels.
Finally, be positive and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
*The PositiveNaija logo is a trademark of United Green Stars Worldwide Limited registered with the Nigeria Trademarks, Patents and Designs Registry of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMITI).