The Editorial Guidelines are PositiveNaija’s values and standards, which applies to all our content, wherever and however it is received.
Section 1: PositiveNaija’s Editorial Standards
We seek to establish the truth and use the highest reporting standards to provide responsible coverage that is impartial, accountable, transparent, independent of external interests and ultimately, serving all audiences (predominantly, Nigeria and Nigerians).
Vision: To inspire hope and pride in every Nigerian.
Mission: As a human-centered enterprise, to continuously strive towards creating a good, well-informed and empathetic society for Nigeria and Nigerians through news management and impactful initiatives.
Core Values: Truth, reliability (commitment, courage, competence & consistency), respect, valid sense of judgement and excellence.
Our Big Ideas: Standards, Reliability, Impact and Speed.
Section 2: Development of PositiveNaija’s Editorial Standards
The editorial standards we aim to achieve and maintain continue to evolve but in a consistent manner. Furthermore, in recognition of varying levels of current development standards across various sectors, some sectors might receive recognition with published positive news in appreciation of the growth with such achievement or progress.
As a result of the plethora in positive progress and developments in certain sectors/categories by Nigeria and Nigerians as well as improve on the benchmark for excellence, we continuously elevate the standards accordingly.
In our commitment to promoting the culture of excellence and responsible journalism, we are pleased to confirm that posts eligible for publication on our platform will be guided by the following parameters.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from our platform including without limitation if it violates any aspect of our editorial guidelines.
|Categories||Editorial Standards for Published Posts
|General||Nigerian citizens (still, we respect every person of Nigerian descent/ancestry).|
|General||We only publish news with content demonstrating present attainment rather than futuristic projections/speculations.|
|General||For awards, recognitions, honours, etc., the rationale or reason(s) or context for understanding be made available in the reported/presented news. When this is not present, we shall rely on our conviction based on the recipient’s merit for such honour.|
|General||For awards, recognitions, honours, etc., the character of the awardee as well as awarding entity deemed as exemplary based on our knowledge shall be a determinant.|
|General||News with incomplete list of winners will not be published. Organisers of recognitions and journalists should ensure fair/just reporting rather than selective reporting of certain awardees. We however, endeavour to still check/collate from various news source in such regard.|
|General||PositiveNaija media or press or communication kit|
|General||Award in the name of person predominantly epic/first-of-its-kind/history defining.|
|Business & Economy||
|Health & Environment||
|Leadership & Diplomacy||Predominantly epic/first-of-its-kind/history defining appointments.|
|Science & Technology||
|Religion, Social Values & Empowerment||
|“Avoid Greed This Week” campaign||
Section 3: Political Ideology
We do not subscribe to any political ideology or political activism.
In addition, we do not lend our work/platform to instruments of political (or electoral) contexts of any kind.
Section 4: Guest Posts
Currently, we do not accept/publish guest posts on PostiveNaija. However, if the article or material is consistent with the scope and objectives of our work as well as our editorial guidelines, we may consider it.
POSITIVENAIJA RESEARCH / INSIGHTS / INTERVIEWS
Art, Media and Entertainment
- Media Platforms Focusing On Good Or Positive News Stories About Nigeria And Nigerians
- The Benefits Or Advantages Of Good Or Positive News For Nigeria & Nigerians
- Reasons Why Many Nigerians Lack Interest For Good Or Positive News On Nigeria & Nigerians
Business and Economy
- Nigerian Financial Literacy Apps
- Nigerian apps for investing in stocks, treasury bills and other financial products
- Guide On How To Sell As A Nigerian Business Person [Videos]
- The Impact Of Full-Scale Culture Of ‘Pricing’ On The Quality Of Life Among Nigerians
- Economic Factors That Can Improve The National Image Or Reputation Of Nigeria And Nigerians Positively
Education and Innovation
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering Home Science
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering International Relations, Studies & Diplomacy
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering Mass Communication [Unbundled]
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering History
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering Philosophy
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering Sociology And Anthropology
- Assessment Of Nigerian Universities Offering Law
Health and Environment
- Nigerian Apps For Nutrition, Fitness And Health
- Nigerian Apps For Accessing Emergency Services
- Nigerian Fashion Apps
- Nigerian Apps For Reporting Sexual Misconducts, Harassment And Violence
- Nigerian Medical Organizations Providing Regular Free Healthcare Services And Support
Leadership and Diplomacy
- Political Factors That Can Improve The National Image Or Reputation Of Nigeria And Nigerians Positively
Security and Law
- Nigerian Guide On Human Rights [Radio – Online & Offline]
- Guide On How To Promote Justice And Equity As A Nigerian (Songs)
- Factors driving the positive progress and excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians in 2021
- Nigerian Guide On How To Have A Successful Marriage [Couples]
- Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Self-Worth, Self-Confidence And Self-Esteem
- Factors Responsible For Low Self-Esteem Or Self-Worth Among Nigerians
- Cultural Factors That Can Improve The National Image Or Reputation Of Nigeria And Nigerians Positively
- Guide On How To Be Humane As A Nigerian (Songs)
- Factors driving the positive progress and excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians in 2020
- Nigerian Guide On How To Appreciate Mothers (Songs)
- Nigerian Guide On How To Appreciate Fathers (Songs)
- Guide On The Justification Of The Work On PositiveNaija [Faith, Hope And Love]
- Guide On How To Be Patriotic As A Nigerian [Songs]
- Guide On How To Be Excellent As A Nigerian [Videos]
- Nigerian Guide On How To Be Romantic (Songs)
- Guide On How To Develop A Good Character As A Nigerian [Books]
- Factors driving the positive progress and excellence of Nigeria and Nigerians in 2019
- Great Things About Nigeria, Which Every Nigerian Should Be Proud Of!
- Opportunities for data mining from PositiveNaija news (already: geographical data and factors for progress).
- Not every news/info can be ‘keyworded’.
- Lectures of Leke Alder
- The concept of Abulecentrism and Nigeria’s political, economic and social logjams, By Prof. Olurinde Lafe
- Purpose Share
- Fela Durotoye – The State of the Nation
- The Good Country
- Onye Nkuzi: “… what can we sell to these markets”?
- Reward System
- Teach, Entertain, Inspire and Engage
- Nigeria: In Search of Patriots, By Dele Agekameh
- The Ethics of Engaged Journalism by Michael Fancher
- Quotes: Friedrich Schiller
- How a group of Nigerian journalists are digitising thousands of old newspapers
- Where are the journalism training and education centres in Africa?
Our Advocated Performance Indicators on Redefined & Excellent Standards of Nigeria’s Value Based System [First created: 29-10-2017]
In simple terms, these indicators represent the signal identified/recognised by PositiveNaija that shows the extent of ideal progress made by Nigeria. We therefore believe that in course of achieving any of these indicators at any given time, in such sphere (and notably beyond), a consistent, genuine and verifiable transformation of the Nigerian society has occurred.
These indicators takes into consideration the past and current dispositions, which serve as a useful lead into a sensible and prosperous future.
- A Nigerian emerging winner of the Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership. [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- Nigeria ranked 1st in overall governance performance in the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG). [Reference: Mo Ibrahim Foundation]
- All Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their budgets/contracts. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria]
- All MDAs of Nigerian States and the Federal Government of Nigeria publish their call circulars. [Reference: BudgIT Nigeria].
- A Nigerian or Nigerian entity emerging winner of The Nobel Peace Prize [Reference: Nobel Peace Prize]
- The Nigerian Police ranked Africa’s best police service in the World Internal Security and Police Index (WISPI) [Reference: WISPI]
2021 News under consideration; subject to verification/countering
- 11th Nigerian National Legacy Awards [Rationale: ]
- [Rationale: ]
*Last updated: 23 July 2021