Leicester City midfielder and Nigerian International, Ndidi Wilfred, has been voted winner of the 2016 Belgian Goal of the Year Award in Belgium organised by the Belgian FA and the Sport Foot magazine.
Ndidi’s 30 yards wonder goal for KRC Genk was scored against Club Brugge in the First Division A playoffs on April 20, 2016.
The 20-year-old accumulated 2,385 votes to win the coveted prize, ahead of Club Brugge’s José Izqueirdo who had 1,816 votes and Ricardo van Rhijn who recorded 892 votes. Anderlecht’s Alexanger Chipciu came fourth in the poll with 865 points.
Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur presented the award to the 20 year old midfielder who has scored one goal for Leicester City in England.
Wilfred Ndidi was also ranked the tenth best player in the Belgian top-flight division for 2016.
Winners have emerged at the Nigeria Basketball Federation 2016 Awards.
Winners Of Nigeria Basketball Federation 2016 Awards
- Male Player of the Year – Dele Ademola of Kano Pillars Basketball Club of Kano
- Female Player of the Year – Upe Atosu of First Bank Basketball Club
- Female Young Player of the Year – Ifunaya Okoye of First Deepwater of Lagos
- Male Young Player of the Year – Oriakhi Owen of Hoops and Read Basketball Academy
- Best Basketball Team in the Year 2016 (Male category) – Kano Pillars Basketball Club of Kano
- Best Basketball Team in the Year 2016 (Female category) – First Bank Basketball Club
Both teams emerged victorious in the DStv and Zenith leagues respectively last year and went ahead to shine in the African Champions Cup with Pillars coming fourth in the males category and First Bank emerging third in the females category.