Winners have emerged at the 2018-2019 Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Nigeria, held at an official ceremony on February 13  at Oriental Hotel, Lagos.
The three winners of the Startupper of the Year by Total Challenge in Nigeria selected by a jury of local experts are:
- Ogunbanjo Olumide, AgroData Network: AgroData Network promotes organic farming via community-based beekeeping providing farmers with free beehives. The company deploys natural techniques to keep the bees within the ecosystem.
- Obaoye Justus, Carido Automobiles Service Technology: Carido is an on-demand automobile service technology, which aggregates automobile maintenance demands through mobile devices and thereafter facilitates their fulfilment through select offline services performed by competent and vetted mechanics.
- Ijir Aondosoo, My Waste My Energy: My Waste, My Energy converts rice husk waste to energy source and provides a sustainable form of domestic energy, reduces environmental degradation and deaths associated with respiratory diseases as Nigeria records 93,000 deaths annually due to smoke from firewood.
Continue reading Winners Of Startupper Of The Year Total Challenge [2018-2019]
Winners have emerged at the 2019 Go Global Africa Programme hosted by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria.
The winning Nigerian entrepreneurs are:
- RemindMe, an app by Innovation corner that would use USSD and text to remind new mothers of vaccination dates;
- Piggybank, an automates savings and investment solution;
- Social Lender; a money lending solution that uses social media platforms;
- Thriveagric, a program that lowers the entry barrier for people willing to invest in agriculture by connecting farmers to crowdsourced finance;
- Helium Health; a hospital management software;
- Helpmum; an app that provides healthcare information to combat maternal and infant mortality;
- eTrash2Cash; an online platform that will help low income & marginalised women earn & save cash benefits for gathering trash for recycling.
Continue reading Winners Of 2019 Go Global Africa Programme [Nigeria]
Oluwatobi Akinpelu has developed a history learning app called “Gingered”, which educates users on history using a Today in History model.
The historical events sometimes date as far back as 700 AD. The history learning app also dates the birthdays and various achievements of prominent personalities around the world.
Continue reading Oluwatobi Akinpelu Develops History Learning App “Gingered”