PositiveNaija Monthly Newsletter September 2018
PDF download: PositiveNaija Newsletter September 2018
Notably, we have sought out to deduce the geographic locations (within Nigeria or abroad), which the positive/success news/updates recorded are being achieved. In other words, our aim is to be able to tell objectively, how conducive/enduring the environments are to what Nigeria/Nigerians are achieving. To do this, we determined the locations on the basis of where exactly the achievement, progress, success, etc. was done or achieved as well as will be done or achieved and not based on where an award/recognition was or is presented.
It is important to mention that most achievements by Nigeria/Nigerians achieved abroad should not be relegated as being ‘superior’ or achieved out of a ‘privileged comfortable environment’ as most of these achievements are usually first in recognition of what has been done or attained within Nigeria and as such requiring an international/global export.
Recommendations from the PositiveNaija Monthly Newsletter September 2018:
- Urgent efforts are needed in the areas of leadership & diplomacy; security and rule of law; social values (truth and love); and energy and power.
- Effective, timely and sincere communication by the Nigerian government to the Nigerian people towards promoting transparency and accountability – hence, building trust.
- Nigerians should be more observant towards the progress, development and excellence made in/by the country and fellow citizens.
- The right conditions (hinged on truth) for the vivid manifestations of these achievements and subsequent potentials are needed.
- Existing implementation frameworks should be critically reviewed with an indigenous approach.
- Strategic planning and an effective monitoring system with a focus on sustainability.
- Better coordination among Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
We hope that you find these assessments useful, inspiring and educative. We will also be glad to hear from you. Thank you!