Winners have emerged in the 2019 edition of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Electronic Payment Incentive Scheme (EPIS) Efficiency Awards.
The CBN EPIS Efficiency Awards is organized to celebrate financial institutions, merchants and other stakeholders at the forefront of driving electronic payment in Nigeria. Now in its fourth year, the awards are based on objective analysis of all E-payments data collated by the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) over a full calendar year.
- Best Customer Experience Award – Guaranty Trust Bank
For having the highest level of overall customer satisfaction rating in the delivery of electronic payment services to customers in 2018.
- Real-Time Payments Transaction Efficiency – Guaranty Trust Bank
For achieving the lowest failure rate in the processing of Instant Payments transactions in 2018.
- Cashless Driver, USSD Channel Champion – Guaranty Trust Bank
For achieving the highest number of instant Payments transactions via the USSD channel in 2018.
- Cashless Driver, Point of Sale (POS) Transactions – Guaranty Trust Bank
For achieving the highest transaction count on Point of Sale (POS) Terminals in 2018.
- Cashless Driver, Card Usage on Point of Sales (POS) Terminals – Guaranty Trust Bank
For authorizing the highest card transaction count on the Point of Sale (POS) Central Terminal Management System in 2018.
- Direct Debit Driver Award – Guaranty Trust Bank
For processing the highest volume of successful debit mandates across all Payment Service Provider platforms in 2018.
- E-Reference Operations Efficiency – Guaranty Trust Bank
For the Bank’s outstanding performance in the processing of customers references received from other Banks for account opening purposes on the industry E-reference Platform in 2018.
- ID Services Driver – Guaranty Trust Bank
For achieving the highest volume in the use of the BVN, e-Passport and NIN customer verification platforms in 2018.
- Electronic Data Rendition Compliance and Integrity – Ecobank
- Most Innovative Bank – Sterling Bank
- Most Efficient “Third Party” Payment Processor – SystemSpecs
- Cashless Driver: Point of Sales Transactions – Global Accelerex Limited
- Telco Partner of the Year – MTN
- Cashless Driver Award in the Non-Bank Payment Category – Shoprite
Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) is owned by all licensed banks including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It possesses modern world-class infrastructures for handling inter-bank payments to remove potential bottlenecks associated with inter-bank funds transfer and settlement. The company also operates the Nigeria Automated Clearing System (NACS) which facilitates the electronic clearing of cheques and other paper based instruments, electronic funds transfer, Automated Direct Credits and Automated Direct Debits.