Winners have emerged at the 2019 Go Global Africa Programme hosted by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria.
The winning Nigerian entrepreneurs are:
- RemindMe, an app by Innovation corner that would use USSD and text to remind new mothers of vaccination dates;
- Piggybank, an automates savings and investment solution;
- Social Lender; a money lending solution that uses social media platforms;
- Thriveagric, a program that lowers the entry barrier for people willing to invest in agriculture by connecting farmers to crowdsourced finance;
- Helium Health; a hospital management software;
- Helpmum; an app that provides healthcare information to combat maternal and infant mortality;
- eTrash2Cash; an online platform that will help low income & marginalised women earn & save cash benefits for gathering trash for recycling.
Continue reading Winners Of 2019 Go Global Africa Programme [Nigeria]
Oluwatobi Akinpelu has developed a history learning app called “Gingered”, which educates users on history using a Today in History model.
The historical events sometimes date as far back as 700 AD. The history learning app also dates the birthdays and various achievements of prominent personalities around the world.
Continue reading Oluwatobi Akinpelu Develops History Learning App “Gingered”
Akachukwu Anumudu of Apostolic Faith Secondary School, Anthony, Lagos, has emerged winner of the first edition of the InterswitchSPAK National Science Competition held in Lagos.
The 16-year-old on February 9, 2019, beat eight other contestants in an intense quiz session to win the grand prize of ₦7.5 million worth of tertiary education scholarship spread over five years, a laptop and a monthly stipend during the course of the scholarship.
Continue reading Akachukwu Anumudu Wins 2019 InterswitchSPAK National Science Competition