The 2018 PositiveNaija Video Contest aims to promote the self-worth of Nigerians, encourage Nigerian patriotism as well as serve as a platform for excellence!
Title of Video:
THE POWER OF THE NIGERIAN SELF-ESTEEM!
Inform the world through your video, what genuinely makes Nigeria and Nigerians collectively trust, delight and succeed in their own worth or abilities today.
Further content expectations:
In addition to the objective of the video contest, the following should be included in the video as indication of your pride and hope for Nigeria:
- Make visible the Nigerian flag
- State the name of a Nigerian media news/information platform.
- State the title of a song by Nigerian artist(s).
- Video submissions are free – at no cost to the participants
- One (1) video submission per person
- Open to only Nigerians
- The individual present in the video will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize
- Organizations are not eligible either as an entity or through representation by an individual
- PositiveNaija Team are not eligible
Video presentation guidelines:
- Record an original short video with no plagiarism and not uploaded/published elsewhere.
- At the beginning or end of the video, state your full names and nationality.
- Maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Speak loud and clear in a visible environment.
- The video must not contain music of any kind.
- Video can be submitted in any playable video format (mobile phone recording is encouraged).
- The languages of communication in the video are Nigerian Pidgin and/or English.
- Truth, logical consistency, facts, narrative organisation, creativity/initiative.
- You must have permission from anyone who appears or speaks in the video or who provides content to you for the video.
- The video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- All conventional video-editing methods are acceptable. Videos may be edited through any program and in any format.
- Once a video is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- Submit your video entries only via our Whatsapp: +2349064503292
- We reserve the right to disqualify any video that is not in compliance with these guidelines/expectations or is otherwise not in keeping with PositiveNaija’s values.
Reward [Starting cash prizes and more are based on Sponsorship received]
- 1st prize: ₦50,000 | [₦0]
- 2nd prize: ₦30,000 | [₦0]
- 3rd prize: ₦20,000 | [₦0]
- Top 3 participants receive a copy each of the 2017 PositiveNaija Series: Convocation of Green Eagles
- 1st position: Transcript of Video is published as the ‘Second Foreword’ in the 2018 PositiveNaija Series
- 2nd – 3rd positions: Transcript of Video is published in the 2018 PositiveNaija Series
- 1st – 3rd positions: Video and Transcript are published on our social media channels.
Timelines of the 2018 PositiveNaija Video Contest:
- Submission dates by participants: November 15 – 30 November 2018.
- PositiveNaija review and select Top 3 best entries: December 1 – 14, 2018.
- Decision on Top 3 best entries are published on the Contest Page: December 15, 2018.
- Profiles and details of the Top 3 participants are requested: December 15 – 16, 2018
- The audience will then determine the final winner with an open and public online vote – multiple votes are allowed: December 17 – 23, 2018 [Winners will emerge based on the number of votes]
- Overall winner declared/published on 24th December 2018 on PositiveNaija
- Payments made and certificate issued to winners on 24th December 2018
*Decisions by PositiveNaija are final and are not subject to legal appeal
*If the entries eventually received become too many, the review timeline may be adjusted and new dates will be updated on this Page for effective assessment. This might mean final voting and declaration of winner in January 2019.
We welcome sponsorships for the 2018 PositiveNaija Video Contest. Identifying, supporting and partnering with us on this competition is a testament to your personal, institutional or corporate conviction on the greatness, development and potentials of Nigeria/Nigerians.
For transparent and accountability purposes, every sponsorship for this contest received shall be made available on the blog [for privacy, sponsors can choose to use the initials of their names] (SEE ANNEX 2 in the Competition Page). We shall also provide up-to-date progress report to you.
Your support – financial or service-oriented, could therefore be targeted to the following areas (SEE ANNEX 1 in the Competition Page for details and guidance):
- Prizes: Top 1 – 3 Videos (Target: 3 million Naira)
- Media/Publicity (Target: 2 million Naira)
- Administrative/Logistics (Target: 1 million Naira)
- General/Overarching – If your support is targeted to the general/overarching running of the 2018 PositiveNaija Video Contest, we will ensure equity in its distribution to the entire competition process.
Submit your video entries only via our Whatsapp: +2349064503292
Deadline: 30 November 2018 | 11:59 PM (GMT +1)
Acceptance of Terms
By participating you declare that you accept these terms and conditions.
For updates, kindly visit the Competition Page.