PositiveNaija Q&A Forum

PositiveNaija Q&A Forum is a question-and-answer platform focused on constructive discussions on the development of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Please freely express yourself and we only ask that you keep your posts polite, factual, relevant as well as well-framed. In extreme circumstances, we may remove posts that violate this prescription.

Nigeria and Nigerians

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Section 1: Positive Parenting

The online debate session is aimed at promoting a healthy and open critical-thinking or independent thinking culture as well as conversations towards improving parenting especially peculiar to the Nigerian society.

Reward: ₦5,000 cash prize for this section (only 1st position).

The debate topic for this section will be posted below by 8:00 PM on the 6th of August, 2020.

8:00 PM - 8:11:00 PM

Thank you.

Visit the PositiveNaija Art Gallery & Gift Shop in Abuja (+2349064503292). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hJjE41dSkSjWW3ZQKLKg2leZ_KexyvC

Children should be paid to do their household tasks/chores/activities.

Visit the PositiveNaija Art Gallery & Gift Shop in Abuja (+2349064503292). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hJjE41dSkSjWW3ZQKLKg2leZ_KexyvC

I am against the motion that "children should be paid to do their house hold task", reason is that it would affect the child upbringing and the child would grow up with the mind of demanding for a payback before helping people in need.

Let us be clear having a good relationship with our children is important. Research on attachment, for example, shows that the way parents connect to their wards has wide-ranging consequences for their self-control, mental health and ability to even create meaningful relationships with others. In addition, I believe Postive parenting focuses on teaching
The reward should be proportionate to the chore and age-appropriate. Paying children lots of money for daily tasks is unreasonable, and for most families financially not possible. If you choose to pay children for chores, it should be reasonable for your families finances and the difficulty of the chore
The “right” reward varies from family to family, and sometimes from child to child. Some children are very motivated by verbal praise, and it’s enough just to know they have made their parents proud by completing a chore. Other children are more motivated by activities (e.g., earning a chance to ride a bike, play a game, or go to the park), and others are more motivated by money. To maximize the chance your child will do chores with minimal complaining, get your child’s input on what he or she would like to work toward.

Good home training is paramount to a child's development in the society. Because of this, it is paramount to instill good morals in them. Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Roland Okoyo and I am here to oppose the motion which states that children should be paid to do house chores.

Charity begins at home, what a child learns in the home is what he or she portrays outside. Paying a child to do house chores will instill in discipline in the child, leading them not to be of positive behavior in the society. This motion should be strongly discouraged.

Thank you.

I stand against the notion that children should not be paid to do their household chores. My reasons are;

Children become rebellious if they are nurtured  as they such. They are paid to do house chores it would result to some sort rebellion. The rebellion factored by the fact they won't do their chores if they don't get paid.

Greed is another factor why children should not be paid to do chores. Why? The more they are privileged money at such tender age. The more the greed.

I hope this proves why children should be paid to do chores.

Good evening to you panel of judges, ever effective admin, fellow contestants, my well informed audiences, distinguish ladies and gentlemen.

It’s quite delightful being part of this online debate on this great forum “PositiveNaija.com”. My name is Ayodeji Olowolagba (also known as Dejt4u) debating against the topic “Children should be paid to do their household tasks/chores/activities”

I’d like to begin by telling us that parenting, according to wikipedia, is defined as the process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood.[1]
Good parenting involves a great deal of consistency and routine, which gives children a sense of control [2]

Monitoring children to do their house chores diligently is part of the duty of a good parent and it doesn't necessarily need to come with a reward. Else the children will be not be able to do a thing independently when the money incentive is not available.

Furthermore, this money paid to the children to do their chores can even be termed as a bribe. With this the parents will be encouraging a high level of indiscipline in their children and it will surely have ripples effect on their general lifestyle.

So, audience lets crave for a society where all parents can boast of raising responsible children to make the world better for us all. Remember, when we dodge our responsibilities, opportunities may dodge us too. I leave on the note Children should NOT be paid to do their household tasks/chores/activities. Thank you

REFERENCES
[1] wikipedia : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parenting#:~:text=Parenting%20or%20child%20rearing%20is,exclusively%20for%20a%20biological%20relationship

[2] https://www.parentingideas.com.au/blog/the-definition-of-good-parenting/

The winner of this section is Ayodeji Olowolagba (also known as Dejt4u).

Congratulations and thanks to everyone that participated.

Quote from PositiveNaija on August 6, 2020, 10:01:02 PM

The winner of this section is Ayodeji Olowolagba (also known as Dejt4u).

Congratulations and thanks to everyone that participated.

Wow. Thanks so much for this

Prize received. Thanks so much

Thank you Ayodeji for your participation and prize confirmation.

Congratulations again!