Nigeria and Barcelona forward Oshoala Asisat has won the 2019 African Women’s Player of the Year at the CAF Awards in a ceremony held on the 7th of January 2020 in Hurghada, Egypt.
In walking to the winners’ podium, Oshoala Asisat dethroned 2018 winner South Africa forward Thembi Kgatlana and Cameroon’s Ajara Nchout, who were also up for the award.
It was the fourth time for Oshoala Asisat to be named Africa’s best women’s player and she has now equalled compatriot Perpetua Nkwocha, who also won the same award on four occasions before.
After winning the 2014, 2016 and 2017 awards, Oshoala Asisat reclaimed the prestigious crown for women’s football in Africa.
- African Interclubs Player of the Year: Youcef Belaïli (Algeria & Esperance / Ahli Jeddah)
- African Youth Player of the Year: Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)
- African Women’s National Team of the Year: Cameroon
- African Men’s National Team of the Year: Algeria
- Best African Goal of the Year: Riyad Mahrez (Algeria)
- FIFPro Africa’s Best 11: Andre Onana; Serge Aurier, Joel Matip, Kalidou Koulibaly, Achraf Hakimi; Idrissa Gana Gueye, Riyad Mahrez, Hakim Ziyech; Mohamed Salah, Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Sadio Mane
- African Women’s Coach of the Year: Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- African Men’s Coach of the Year: Djamel Belmadi (Algeria)
- Club President of the Year: Moise Katumbi (TP Mazembe)
- African Women’s Player of the Year: Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
- African Men’s Player of the Year: Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)