Welcome to the PositiveNaija Bi-Annual Newsletter: January – June 2019. This newsletter reliably provides a comprehensive first half-year report for the year 2019 on the positive progress of Nigeria and Nigerians globally.
PDF download: PositiveNaija Bi-Annual Newsletter July 2019 TMO
Notably, we have sought out to deduce the geographic locations (within Nigeria or abroad), which the positive/success news/updates recorded are being achieved. In other words, our aim is to be able to tell objectively, how conducive/enduring the environments are to what Nigeria/Nigerians are achieving. To do this, we determined the locations on the basis of where exactly the achievement, progress, success, etc. was done or achieved as well as will be done or achieved and not based on where an award/recognition was or is presented.
It is important to mention that most achievements by Nigeria/Nigerians achieved abroad should not be relegated as being ‘superior’ or achieved out of a ‘privileged comfortable environment’ as most of these achievements are usually first in recognition of what has been done or attained within Nigeria and as such requiring an international/global export.
Feel free to download the comprehensive guide on the geographic analysis: PositiveNaija Geo-location Analysis 2019-07-06 TMO FEO
Recommendations from the PositiveNaija Bi-Annual Newsletter July 2019:
- Visionary and purposeful leadership for the Nigerian state is needed – based on the tenets of justice, integrity and adherence to the rule of law.
- Urgent efforts are needed in the reformation, upgrade and/or strengthening of honest public diplomacy; security; energy and power; and social values (truth and love).
- Effective, timely and sincere communication by the Nigerian government to the Nigerian people towards promoting transparency and accountability – hence, building trust.
- Nigerians should be more observant and appreciative towards the progress, development and excellence made in/by the country and fellow citizens.
- The right conditions and enabling environment for the vivid manifestations of these positive achievements and development of untapped potentials are needed.
- Existing implementation frameworks of governance and advocacy should be critically reviewed with an indigenous approach.
- Strategic planning and an effective monitoring system with a focus on sustainability.
- Better coordination among Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
We hope that you find these assessments useful, inspiring and educative. We will also be glad to hear from you. Thank you!