PositiveNaija Love And Heroes is aimed at celebrating the positive value of Nigerians all over the world no matter how little their impact might be, which the world might be unaware of.
It is also an expansion of the traditional approach in which PositiveNaija sources for positive or good news. This means that with the PositiveNaija Love and Heroes, every Nigerian is empowered to be a reporter of that which is good and exemplary as it concerns Nigerians all over the world. This therefore, provides greater awareness and knowledge about Nigerians engaged in inspiring and worthy deeds.
It is open for everyone but we encourage nominations of people that you know personally or are around you. We encourage this so that it does not become a ‘celebrity or political’ contest/show – we believe there are a lot of Nigerians around us we can show appreciation to and not necessarily those that are popular [“Be humble toward one another, always considering others better than yourselves. – Philippians 2:3].
Significantly, PositiveNaija also utilizes the Love and Heroes in honoring dead Nigerians such as members of the Nigerian Armed Forces, journalists and other civilians for their sacrifice, love and heroic feats [“By mercy and truth iniquity is purged” – Proverbs 16:6].
Criteria for PositiveNaija Love And Heroes 2019 Nominations
- Nationality: Nigerians | Cost: Free | Picture: Compulsory
- State your full names and the full names of the person you wish to celebrate (living).
- Your entry/nomination should be for only one (1) person to be celebrated.
- Nominations, once approved is one-time per year.
- Multiple entries (of individual persons) are allowed.
- For text: In 50 words (maximum), and the mandatory inclusion of 2 words Love and Thank you; state your message about this person and their good works.
- For videos: In 60 seconds (maximum), and the mandatory inclusion of 2 words Love and Thank you; state your message about this person and their good works.
- If available, links to the person’s online presence can be included.
- The person being celebrated has not been mentioned on PositiveNaija website within the current year.
- Nomination details should be sent to designated Whatsapp number only (09064503292).
- PositiveNaija scrutinises entries and approve accordingly.
- Published in the PositiveNaija weekly top news videos.
- PositiveNaija reserves the right to nominate the dead for their selflessness, sacrifice, love and heroic feats.
PositiveNaija Love And Heroes 2019
|Weeks||Nominated Names||Nominators||Purpose of Celebration|
|1.||Flight Lieutenant Perowei Jacob|
Flight Lieutenant Kaltho Paul Kilyofas
Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim
Lance Corporal Adamu Nura
Aircraftman Meshack Ishmael
|2.||Essien Excel||PositiveNaija||Love, courage and sacrifice.|
|3.||Oloke Mewa||PositiveNaija||Love, diligence and sacrifice.|
|4.||Joel Miles||PositiveNaija||Love, fearlessness, sacrifice and hope.|
|5.||Kemi Adeniran||PositiveNaija||Patriotic love.|
|6.||Captain Adamu Adama Baba||PositiveNaija||Love, bravery and sacrifice.|
|7.||John Moses||PositiveNaija||Love, fearlessness and sacrifice.|
|8.||Amakiri Ibisaki||PositiveNaija||Love, patriotism and courage.|
|10.||Lieutenant Emeka Nworie||PositiveNaija||Love, bravery and sacrifice.|
Sergeant Justina Aghomon
|Love, service and sacrifice.|
Love, dedication and sacrifice.
Love, bravery and sacrifice.
Love, patriotism and sacrifice.
|12.||Popoola Oluwatobi Olamide|
|Love, patriotism and service.|
Love, patriotism and sacrifice.
|13.||Abass Tugbaski||PositiveNaija||Love, fearlessness, sacrifice and hope.|
|14.||Sergeant Kabiru Shuaibu||PositiveNaija||Love, courage and diligence.|
|15.||Corporal Meshach Iliya Komo||PositiveNaija||Love, diligence and patriotism.|
|16.||Abba Abubakar||PositiveNaija||Love, bravery and sacrifice.|
|17.||Adaagbaga Minda||PositiveNaija||Love, industry and hope.|
|18.||Sergeant Okon George Edeke||PositiveNaija||Love, dedication and sacrifice.|
|19.||Dr. Stephen Ike||PositiveNaija||Love.|
|20.||Yusuf Ibrahim Aminu||PositiveNaija||Love.|
|21.||Yemisi Ajeojo||Beatrice T. Ogunbamowo||Love, kind-hearted and enterprising.|
|22.||Lieutenant Colonel Chike Azubuike||PositiveNaija||Love|
|23.||Marshall Emeka Ojei||PositiveNaija||Love and courage.|
|24.||Yakubu Shuaibu||PositiveNaija||Love and hardwork.|
|25.||Usman Yunusa||PositiveNaija||Patriotic love.|
|26.||Lillian Ngbawa||PositiveNaija||Love, patriotism and service.|
|28.||Captain Abdulazeez Mohammed||PositiveNaija||Love, courage and sacrifice.|
|29.||Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele||PositiveNaija||Love|
|30.||Kehinde Aigbe||PositiveNaija||Love and courage|
|31.||Inspector Mohammed Hassan||PositiveNaija||Love.|
|32.||Captain Anthony Tekemeka||PositiveNaija||Love, courage and sacrifice.|
|33.||Flying Officer Abdulrahman Bayero|
Aircraftman Saidu Bawa
|Love, courage and sacrifice.|
Love, courage and sacrifice.
|34.||Chibuzor Ndubisi||Merciful Nwafor||Love, resourceful and exemplary.|
|35.||Sergeant Lawrence Igbero||PositiveNaija||Love.|
|36.||Abayomi Adigun||PositiveNaija||Love, diligence and sacrifice.|
|37.||Sharon Andrew||Jaiyeola Gideon Kolawole||Helper and talented singer.|
|38.||Mrs. Grace Ejuvwevwo|
|Goodness and strength.|
Inspiration, adviser and teacher.
|39.||Omoruyi Clinton||Jaiyeola Gideon Kolawole||Creative and innovative.|
|40.||Anyanime Udobat||PositiveNaija||Love, diligence and sacrifice.|
The 2018 edition of the PositiveNaija Love And Heroes can be accessed here.