Winners have emerged at the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Sustainability Awards at its 2019 Bankers Committee Gala Night held in Ogere, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Organised by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the two-day retreat was themed “Delivering Inclusive Growth: Leveraging Digital Finance” and brought together chief executives of commercial banks and other stakeholders in the financial services industry to articulate and strategise on initiatives for economic development and specific growth imperatives of the financial system.
Winners Of CBN Sustainability Awards 2019
- Most Sustainable Bank of the Year, for the third consecutive time. The bank was lauded for founding the first-ever disability-friendly inclusion hub in partnership with Project Enable – to promote the access of persons with disabilities to ICT skills and opportunities; creating a digital, toll-free platform for violated persons in partnership with HACEY Health Initiative; up-cycling waste and recycling paper to pencils, among many others.
- Most Sustainable Transaction of the Year in Agriculture.
- Most Sustainable Transaction of the Year in Oil and Gas.
- Most Sustainable Transaction of the Year in Power.
- Bank of the Year in Women Economic Empowerment.
- Sustainable Agricultural Transaction Award for its compliance with the sustainable banking principles as mandated by the regulator of the financial services industry.
- Women Economic Empowerment Award.