PositiveNaija Q&A Forum

PositiveNaija Q&A Forum is a question-and-answer platform focused on constructive discussions on the development of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Please freely express yourself and we only ask that you keep your posts polite, factual, relevant as well as well-framed. In extreme circumstances, we may remove posts that violate this prescription.

Nigeria and Nigerians

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

April: Painting

Page 1 of 2Next

Welcome to the April 2022 Cliff Agba Art Contest!

Date: 5th April, 2022 | Time: 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm

The image will be updated on this same post at the stated date and time with replies (submissions) by participants to follow accordingly.

Thank you.

*The April edition previously dedicated to quiz has now been changed to painting. This is primarily due to having no winner in the January edition (drawing) - practical aspect which is the focus of the competition.

The Judges for this edition are:

• Salisu Omonu
  • Fego Eunice Onowori
  • Mitchel Chinedu Iberi
  • Muniba Ahmad

Our future is greater than our past. - Ben Okri

Visit the PositiveNaija Art Gallery & Gift Shop in Abuja (+2349064503292). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hJjE41dSkSjWW3ZQKLKg2leZ_KexyvC

Comply with the rules:

https://www.positivenaija.com/forum/topic/competition-rules-and-information/

Image credit: Hashtagg Foodie (Instagram: @hashtagg_foodie)

Uploaded files:
  • Hashtagg_Foodie-PositiveNaija.jpg
Visit the PositiveNaija Art Gallery & Gift Shop in Abuja (+2349064503292). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_hJjE41dSkSjWW3ZQKLKg2leZ_KexyvC

My attempt

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220405_212208_991.JPG
Uploaded files:
  • IMG-20220405-WA0016.jpg

My work. Please pardon me on late submission , i am having network problem.

Uploaded files:
  • inbound7101138018664244624.jpg

I couldn't submit, I tried continuously till now it's not submitting

Been trying to submit since 9 : 20 and till now its not going through. Am I the only one going through this

Quote from Yvette somtoo obi on April 5, 2022, 9:42:40 PM

Been trying to submit since 9 : 20 and till now its not going through. Am I the only one going through this

Same here, I finished early, till now am still trying to upload but I can't and it's not cos of network, because it's going but not uploading

Quote from shotanny on April 5, 2022, 9:47:52 PM

Same here, I finished early, till now am still trying to upload but I can't and it's not cos of network, because it's going but not uploading

And its the same people from the last competition that still submitted today... Something isn't clear here

I was able to post a pic during the week and it went without struggle but today, now it isn't

The winner for this edition is Ayodeji Olowolagba.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone.

Grades of judges (/10):

Participants Judge: Salisu Judge: Fego Judge: Mitchel Judge: Muniba
Sola-Ojo Mofesola Wuraola (18/40) 4 4 5 5
Ayodeji Olowolagba (23/40) 6 6 3 8

Quote from Ezeno Izuchukwu Kingsley on April 5, 2022, 9:37:23 PM

Sorry about that but we abide by the rules of the competition especially on timing.

Quote from PositiveNaija on April 5, 2022, 9:53:33 PM

The winner for this edition is Ayodeji Olowolagba.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone.

Grades of judges (/10):

Participants Judge: Salisu Judge: Fego Judge: Mitchel Judge: Muniba
Sola-Ojo Mofesola Wuraola (18/40) 4 4 5 5
Ayodeji Olowolagba (23/40) 6 6 3 8

Pls how about us finding it hard to post?

Quote from shotanny on April 5, 2022, 9:39:52 PM

First, as far as you can post/comment, there is no issue from our end on why you should not have been able to make your submission tonight.

Secondly, as we always encourage, test/practice/be familiar with submission process before any main competitions. This affords you the opportunity to know which browser or interface (mobile or computer), etc. might be best to participate with.

You are quite familiar with the Forum yourself, immediately you noticed this (tonight), you could have got in touch with us (as we respond immediately on WhatsApp) and we would have tried to assist in understanding what the issue might be.

Thirdly, it is possible your network is a reason for this.

In addition, perhaps the file size may have been too big for your network to process. From our end we place no limit on file size but encourage, you keep it sizeable.

Lastly, to assist for subsequent edition you could share (here or on WhatsApp) what the error message you received in not being able to submit tonight.

I hope these helps. Thank you.

Already assisting/assisted on WhatsApp.

In addition, kindly check my response below:

Quote from PositiveNaija on April 5, 2022, 10:03:33 PM

First, as far as you can post/comment, there is no issue from our end on why you should not have been able to make your submission tonight.

Secondly, as we always encourage, test/practice/be familiar with submission process before any main competitions. This affords you the opportunity to know which browser or interface (mobile or computer), etc. might be best to participate with.

You are quite familiar with the Forum yourself, immediately you noticed this (tonight), you could have got in touch with us (as we respond immediately on WhatsApp) and we would have tried to assist in understanding what the issue might be.

In addition, perhaps the file size may have been too big for your network to process. From our end we place no limit on file size but encourage, you keep it sizeable.

Lastly, to assist for subsequent edition you could share (here or on WhatsApp) what the error message you received in not being able to submit tonight.

Quote from Yvette somtoo obi on April 5, 2022, 9:49:23 PM
Quote from shotanny on April 5, 2022, 9:47:52 PM

And its the same people from the last competition that still submitted today... Something isn't clear here

Nothing is ambiguous - everything is clear.

Just hope this comment is not to imply 'foul play'.

First, as pointed out in a previous comment, as far as you can post/comment, there is no issue from our end on why you should not have been able to make your submission tonight.

Secondly, Ezeno Izuchukwu Kingsley was able to upload/submit and gracefully made the admission that his network was the limitation. This is only his second post ever on our platform. His last was 5 months ago.

Quote from Ezeno Izuchukwu Kingsley on April 5, 2022, 9:37:23 PM

Thirdly, last month's winner had also had difficulty in submission in the February edition. I gave her similar advice as stated on my previous comment.

Quote from PositiveNaija on April 5, 2022, 10:03:33 PM

Please check properly again from your end and still let us know if you have issues with the process. Thank you.

When I clicked on submit, it loaded but didn't upload to the site, I was thinking maybe cos I am using a mobile phone?

Quote from shotanny on April 5, 2022, 10:23:52 PM

When I clicked on submit, it loaded but didn't upload to the site, I was thinking maybe cos I am using a mobile phone?

Possibly network issues and I do not think it is because you are using a mobile phone.

However, please as stated previously, test/practice/be familiar with submission process before any main competition. This affords you the opportunity to know which browser or interface (mobile or computer), etc. might be best to participate with.

Prize received. Thanks so much

Quote from Ayodeji Olowolagba on April 6, 2022, 4:11:18 AM

Prize received. Thanks so much

You are welcome.

Page 1 of 2Next