Winners have emerged in the BusinessDay Top 25 CEOs And Next Bulls Awards 2020 organised by BusinessDay Media in collaboration with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) held virtually on September 5, 2020.
The CEO and Next Bulls awards recognises the CEOs of listed companies creating competitive shareholder value through sound strategy, disciplined execution and world class governance. In addition, it celebrates chief executives of quoted companies that have demonstrated the most impressive gains in both share price and service delivery.
Themed “Advancing Against all Odds”, this year’s award particularly recognised businesses that have been thriving in spite of the global harsh economic realities.
The CEOs award celebrates the CEOs of successful, privately-owned indigenous companies built by Nigerians, led by Nigerians and poised to lead their categories on the continent.
Part of the criteria for selecting winners of this year’s awards are stock price appreciation, Profit After Tax (PAT) growth, an unblemished regulatory compliance record, and positive marketplace reputation among customers in the period under review.
Winners are also selected based on significant interest shown by active and informed investors on the Nigerian Stock Exchange to invest in their stock should their boards ever decide to take them public.
Top 25 CEOs
- Femi Adeoti: Managing Director and CEO, Inlaks
- Ferdi Moolman: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), MTN Nigeria
- Khaled Abdelaziz El Dokani: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Lafarge Africa
- Roger Thompson: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Seplat Petroleum
- Oyeyemika Adebayo: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Abubakar Suleiman: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Sterling Bank Plc
- Andrew Otike-Odibi: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, C&I Leasing Plc
- Hassan Usman: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Jaiz Bank Plc
- Fejiro Hanu Agbodje: Chief Executive Officer, Patricia Technologies Limited
- Daniel Braie: Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Linkage Assurance Plc
- Peter Olusola Obabori: General Managing Director (GMD), Red Star Express Plc
- Ganiyu Musa: GMD/CEO, Cornerstone Insurance Plc
- Wole Oshin: GMD, Custodian Investment Plc
- Owen Omogiafo: President/CEO, Transcorp Plc
- Titi Adeoye: MD/CEO, Sankore Investments
- Pat McMichael: CEO, Eat ‘N’ Go
- Dr. Adebola Akindele: GMD, Courteville Business Solutions Plc
- Sarbeswar Sahoo: MD, Prestige Assurance Plc
- Babatunde Fajemirokun: MD/CEO, AIICO Insurance Plc
- Patrick Ilodianya: CEO, SFS Real Estate Investment Trust
- Herbert Wigwe: GMD/CEO, Access Bank Plc