Winners have emerged in the BusinessDay Top 25 CEOs And Next Bulls Awards 2019 organised by BusinessDay Media in collaboration with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) held at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Lagos.
The BusinessDay Top 25 CEOs And Next Bulls Awards now in its 5th edition, recognize companies and CEOs that have taken actions that has grown or substantially improve their business, and offer prospects of a long-term value.
According to the organiser, these companies have been honoured for contributing to the growth of the market capitalisation of quoted firms in 2018, in spite of the overall market performance ending in the negative territory, while others were celebrated for inculcating good corporate governance, innovations and raising the standards of their organisations to a point where it would be seamless if they were to be listed on the NSE today.
The organisers of the award said the companies impacted positively on investors at the NSE in the 2018 financial year.
The BusinessDay Next Bulls Awards follows an informal, proprietary survey carried out by BusinessDay analysts on 1,000 respondents.
Next Bull Awards
- Airtel Nigeria – For its contributions to the economy and for creating employment opportunities in Nigeria
- eTranzact – Best Corporate Turnaround and Transformation award
- SystemSpecs – Consistency in software development in Nigeria
- Urban Shelter Limited – Market Leadership and Pace-Setting Innovation
Other winners include:
Access Bank; ASL Nigeria; Berger Paints; AIICO Insurance; Beta Glass; Chemical and Allied Products Plc (CAP); Caverton Offshore Support; CCNN; Custodian Investment; Eterna Oil Plc; FCMB Group; Fidson Healthcare; Linkage Assurance; Prestige Assurance; Neimeth International; NEM; NPF MfB; Seplat; Stanbic IBTC Holdings; Sterling Bank; Unity Bank; Vitafoam; Wema Bank; Airtel Networks Limited; Dana Airlines; Enyo Retail & Supply; IHS Towers Limited; Phase 3 Telecoms; Rack Centre; VFD Group; Farmcrowdy; Alpha Mead Group; SIFAX Group; AJE Group PTY Nigeria; Innoson Group; Mojec International Limited; Parlton Morgan Holdings; Sona Group Nigeria; Tolaram Group; WACOT Limited; Zinox Technologies Limited; and Halogen Security Company Limited.
Top 25 CEOs
- MD/CEO, eTranzact International PLC, Mr. Niyi Toluwalope
- Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, Unity Bank Plc, Mrs. Oluwatomi Somefun
- Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, AIICO Insurance Plc, Mr. Edwin Igbiti
- Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, Linkage Assurance Plc, Mr. Daniel Braie
- SONA Group Chairman, Mr. A.K. Mirchandani
- GMD/CEO, Palton Morgan Holdings, Mr. Adeyinka Adesope