Recently updated on February 19th, 2023 at 12:57 pm
The Nigerian Diplomat Series: Nigeria’s Foreign Relations With The Gambia [2020 Decade] is a reliable assessment which documents, promotes and celebrates the positive diplomatic relations and contributions by Nigeria to The Gambia and her people.
The Nigerian Diplomat Series: Nigeria’s Foreign Relations With The Gambia [2020 Decade]
business & economy
- 2021: Nigeria Exports to Gambia was US$1.47 Million during 2021, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade.
Energy & Power
- February 2023: The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has on February 17, announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Gambia National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) on collaboration between both companies on frontier exploration, and other opportunities to promote energy security. The statement read: “Areas of interest include new frontier exploration; crude oil market expansion opportunities and transfer of technology towards a quest for more energy security for both countries and the West African sub-region.”
- December 2022: The NNPCL signed an MoU with Gambia and four other countries on the Nigeria-Morocco Gas (Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone).
Health & Environment
- August 2021: Nigeria’s anti-narcotics agency, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with it’s Gambian counterpart, Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Gambia (DLEAG) – on cooperation in combating illicit production, manufacture, and trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors.
Security & Law
- July 2021: A Memorandum of Understanding between the Governments of Nigeria and the Gambia on Military Cooperation to tackle insurgency -boosting the existing joint military manoeuvrability, operability as well as tactical and technical synergy, enhanced networking in intelligence sharing, capacity building and robust counter trans-national strategy.
|Question of the Day: Which citizen(s) of these countries inspires you positively towards becoming a citizen of their country?|
*This work [The Nigerian Diplomat Series: Nigeria’s Foreign Relations With The Gambia (2020 Decade)] was first researched by Toju Micheal Ogbe – without interference or sponsorship by the featured countries.
Written and poster designed by: Toju Micheal Ogbe.
*The Research Series is open for suggestion, donation, sponsorship, collaboration or partnership (+2349064503292).
The Nigerian Diplomat Series [2020 Decade]
- Benin Republic
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo Brazzaville
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Republic of Niger
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Gambia