Winners have emerged at the 2019 AppsAfrica innovation awards held in Cape Town, South Africa.
The AppsAfrica innovation awards attracts attention from innovators across the continent each year, with organizers getting over 400 applications from 52 countries.
This year’s awards mark the 5th by AppsAfrica honoring mobile and tech innovators in Africa. Of the 70 selected finalist, 14 products emerged winners this year from four African countries; Nigeria, Angola, Kenya and South Africa.
- 54gene (Best African HealthTech Solution, Nigeria)
- Carbon (Best Fintech Solution in Africa, Nigeria)
- Flutterwave (Changing Africa Award, Nigeria)
- One Kiosk Africa (Best mCommerce Solution in Africa, Nigeria)
- Aerobotics (Best AgriTech Solution, South Africa)
- Appy Saúde (Best African App, Angola)
- Carry1st (Best News & Entertainment Solution, South Africa)
- IDEA Digital Education (Social Impact Award, South Africa)
- LightSail Education (Best EdTech, Solution South Africa)
- Lori Systems (Best Mobility Solution, Kenya)
- MOJA (Disruptive Innovation Award, Kenya)
- PM Connect (Best Enterprise Solution, Africa)
- RippleNami (Best Blockchain Solution, Kenya)
- Liquid Telecom (Best IoT Solution, Kenya)
The winners of each category will be invited to the Africa Tech Summit in Kigali 2020, where they will have access to sponsorships and partnerships from Africa and beyond.