The 2021 Itohan Hephzibah Deborah Igbe Poetry Contest is organised to recognise and celebrate the life of Ms. Itohan Hephzibah Deborah Igbe on her birthday (31st of January, 2021).
The online poetry event with the theme “How food fit bring dignity and hope!” is aimed at promoting the nature, role and value of food in achieving dignity and hope for humanity.
Eligibility and expectation(s):
- Open to everyone
- One (1) post submission per person/participant
- Participation is free – at no cost to the participants
- The language acceptable for the entire poem submission is Pidgin.
- Timelines (GMT +1; Nigerian time)
- PositiveNaija Team (excluding Volunteers) and members of the Igbe family are not eligible.
- Must be original, no plagiarism and not previously published.
- Truth, logical consistency, narrative structure/organisation, creativity/initiative.
- Once a poem is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- Maximum of 250 words.
- At the beginning or end of the essay, state only your full names, nationality, email and telephone number(s).
- Must be submitted in both MS Word & Portable Document format (PDF).
Reward [cash prizes]: Top three (3): ₦7,000 each
Reward [certificates]: Top three (3)
Reward [publishing]: Top three (3) will be published on PositiveNaija
- Submission dates by participants: January 1 – 28, 2021.
- PositiveNaija reviews and selects the top three (3) best entries: 31st January 2021
- Payments made and certificates issued to winners on 31st January 2021.
Entries received: Twenty-seven (27)
Final reviewers: Sarah Timothy and Mbah Ekene Collins Arum
*The order of the names does not imply their positions in the competition (rather, largely in the order their poems were received).
|1.||Sonia Mallum Awala|
|2.||Shodeinde Taiwo Ayomide|
|3.||Miracle Chidera Odigwe|
|4.||Oqua Efa Etim|
|5.||Olowolagba Tahir Ayodeji|
|6.||Maduabuchi MacDonald S.|
|7.||Sola-Ojo Mofesola Wuraola|
|8.||Daniel Bassey Eta|
|9.||Tolushe Igbalasanmi Esther|
|10.||Eme Efa Etim|
|11.||Valerie Oghenefegor Ifieosuo Herbert|
|12.||Ozota Gerald Obinna|
|13.||Owolabi Peter Ayodele|
|15.||Idemor Angela Itamike|
|16.||Akinkitan Joel Sunday|
|21.||Oluwaseyi Ogunkayode Simeon|
|22.||Ozo Michael Chibuike|
|23.||Okeleke Gift Victoria|
|24.||Abraham Uwe Esang|
|25.||Johnson Patience Asuquo|
|27.||Adeoye Favour I.|
Deadline: 28 January 2021 | 11:59 PM (GMT +1)
Last updated: 21:45 pm – 30-01-2021