Recently updated on August 29th, 2022 at 10:09 pm
This compilation and assessment by PositiveNaija provides a guide on reliable and up-to-date Nigerian apps for agricultural trading and investment.
Apps with user ratings less than 3.0 (assessed alongside with user feedback shared on the app store) are not included in this compilation. Apps that have not been updated for a long time are also not included. In instances where user ratings and feedback are unavailable on the app store, we encourage extra vigilance by (prospective) users.
Nigerian Apps For Agricultural Trading And Investment
“FarmKonnect Agribusiness Nigeria Limited is a Social Enterprise for development and the first Agricultural Real Estate Company that seeks to contribute immensely to food security and nutrition through Agricultural real estate of modern technologies and methodologies.”
“Ga’atevest is the online investment platform offered by the Nigeria Farmers’ Group & Cooperative Society, Nigeria’s premier Agricultural Investment Platform.
The Nigeria Farmers’ Group & Cooperative Society (NFGCS) is a plug-n-play agricultural investment platform that enables you to invest safely in different opportunities within the agribusiness sector with attractive returns. NFGCS has established a Farm Settlement Village in Ga’ate Community of Kokona LGA, Nasarawa State where they carry out productive activities of crop production, animal husbandry, and processing, under the brand name, Ga’ate Gold.”
“The Hello Tractor app equips you with the technology for smarter, better maintained, and more profitable tractors.”
“The KasuwaGo App is designed to enable actors across the legume value chain which includes the Buyer, Seller, and Reseller to interact and initiate transactions.
The app was developed in collaboration with farmer and seller groups in Nigeria. The team included Drs. Michael Olabisi, Mywish Maredia, and Eric Crawford from Michigan State University, Dr. Toyin Benedict Ajibade of the University of Ilorin, and Dr. Hakeem Ajeigbe of ICRISAT and CDA-BUK.
This Mobile App provides a virtual marketplace designed to drive connections and agro transactions via a digital platform in combination with an offline partnership network of farmers and traders.
The objective of the deployment of the Kasuwago Mobile App is to create a resilient and well-functioning value chain/market system which is critical for Sellers (farmers) to generate income and earn livelihoods, and for buyers (consumers) to access food, and other agricultural products.”
“Nigeria research is a mobile app designed for researchers focused on Nigeria and actively looking for data on Nigeria. Agriculture professionals can now profile farmers and farmland for fund managers and investors, enlarge the network of their local agents to build respondents to their research, and explore geospatial data for agriculture.”
*This compilation was first researched by Ujunwa Mary Echibe on the 7th of March 2022 – and was last updated by Toju Micheal Ogbe on the 23rd of August, 2022 – without interference or sponsorship by the featured apps.
Written and poster designed by: Toju Micheal Ogbe.
*This research is open for/to suggestion, donation, sponsorship, collaboration, partnership or advertisement (+2349064503292).
Other Nigerian apps include:
- Accounting and book keeping
- Agricultural trading and investment
- Booking local and international road travels
- Booking taxi services
- Buying, investing and trading in gold, silver and other precious metals
- Buying, selling, renting and leasing lands, houses, apartments and offices
- Buying, selling, servicing and verification of cars, vehicles or automobiles
- Educational and fun learning apps for children
- Emergency services
- Environmental/waste management and recycling
- Errands and logistics
- Event planning and management
- Financial literacy
- Food ordering and delivery
- Identifying and reporting fake products
- Investing in stocks, treasury bills and other financial products
- Learning indigenous languages
- Marketing, business and professional opportunities
- Nutrition, fitness and health
- Reporting sexual misconducts, harassment and violence
- Scheduling meetings
- Social media
- Streaming & listening to songs and music
- Upskilling and placements
- Watching and streaming movies