Recently updated on February 24th, 2023 at 11:58 am
This compilation and assessment by PositiveNaija provides a guide on reliable and up-to-date Nigerian social media apps (mobile applications).
Apps with user ratings less than 3.0 (assessed alongside with user feedback shared on the app store) are not included in this compilation. Apps that have not been updated for a long time are also not included. In instances where user ratings and feedback are unavailable on the app store, we encourage extra vigilance by (prospective) users.
Nigerian Social Media Apps
Effortlessly engage and Collaborate with Nigerian students in tertiary institutions.
Newsfeed: Upload/Share and read latest happenings around the campuses.
TimeTable: Keep track of your lecture times and get notified when a lecture is due.
Daily Trivia: Challenge other students in daily quizzes and win amazing prizes.
CGPA Calculator: Keep track of your semester, yearly and overall academic performance.
Marketplace: Buy and sell new or used stuff at your convenience!
Messages: Communicate with your classmates through direct messaging and private groups automatically created for you.
Library: Easily access books, handouts, exam past questions, etc on the fly.
“Connect with friends around the world and have a positive impact on your audience with ClueGate FREE messaging and video calling app. Become a member of our free business platform and professional community.
ClueGate is an e-commerce App, brilliantly integrated with social networks and other networking platforms for complete functionality. You can connect, share and collaborate without spending a cent. It has many features, including (but not limited to): chat, survey tools and opinion-hub.”
“This is an Android application for Nairaland Forum lovers. Get instant notification each time a topic is posted.”
“Chat with love ones and meet New friends on Nigeria chat Room
fast, easy and simple communication”
“The African Social Networking Platform to share what’s new, photos, videos, chat and market your goods and services.”
“SoftTalk Messenger is Nigeria’s Messaging App which allows users to Chat, make FREE audio and video calls and shop genuine products and services!”
“Trenchat is a great place to meet new people in your area and around the world. It’s packed with exciting features and pays users for friends introduced to the platform.”
“Get connected with your friends and families, post your show to your followers, chat with friends and view your friends video show, and there is a vip class for vip members only.”
“The Wardchat app is an effective and smart, non-partisan social network aimed at digitizing the electoral space, connecting, and building relationships among voters at the Ward, Local Government, and State levels.”
*This compilation was first researched by Ujunwa Mary Echibe on the 8th of March 2022 – and was last updated by Toju Micheal Ogbe – without interference or sponsorship by the featured apps.
Written and poster designed by: Toju Micheal Ogbe.
*This research is open for/to suggestion, donation, sponsorship, collaboration, partnership or advertisement (+2349064503292).
Other Nigerian apps include:
- Accounting and book keeping
- Agricultural trading and investment
- Animal health, nutrition and business
- Booking local and international road travels
- Booking taxi services
- Buying, investing and trading in gold, silver and other precious metals
- Buying, selling, renting and leasing lands, houses, apartments and offices
- Buying, selling, servicing and verification of cars, vehicles or automobiles
- Educational and fun learning apps for children
- Emergency services
- Environmental/waste management and recycling
- Errands and logistics
- Event planning and management
- Financial literacy
- Food ordering and delivery
- Identifying and reporting fake products
- Investing in stocks, treasury bills and other financial products
- Learning indigenous languages
- Marketing, business, professional and job opportunities
- Mobile internet browsing and security (browsers, VPNs, antivirus, etc.)
- Nutrition, fitness and health
- Parents and parental control
- Reporting sexual misconducts, harassment and violence
- Scheduling meetings
- Social media
- Streaming & listening to songs and music
- Travel and tourism
- Upskilling and placements
- Watching and streaming movies