Recently updated on August 27th, 2022 at 09:33 pm
The Nigerian Travel and Tourism Apps compilation by PositiveNaija aims to provide a reliable guide on Nigerian apps (mobile applications) that provide quality information on traveling and tourism experiences/adventures – locally and internationally.
Apps with user ratings less than 3.0 (assessed alongside with user feedback shared on the app store) are not included in this compilation. Apps that have not been updated for a long time are also not included. In instances where user ratings and feedback are unavailable on the app store, we encourage extra vigilance by (prospective) users.
Nigerian Travel And Tourism Apps
“Backdrop enables you to find beautiful places worldwide and discover your next adventure – whether it’s a cosy coffee shop a few miles away or a breathtaking lake halfway around the world.
***Explore the world around you!***
– Find the best locations closest to you.
– Discover interesting places around the world, get all the information you need to prepare to visit them.
– See real-world reviews from other explorers.
***Curate your adventures***
– Find Backdrops in your favourite cities, and create a feed filled with beautiful places and themes that you care about.
– Create collections and bookmark Backdrops to visit.
– Post your own Backdrops and share exciting places that you’ve discovered.
– Get travel inspiration from other users.
– Review and vote on Backdrops that you want to see on the app.
– Earn redeemable points for participating in the community.”
“Are you planning to visit Nigeria? Interested in its people, culture, arts, history, Entertainment, fauna and flora? This app allows you to discover places to visit before you travel! Get to know its natural landmarks, wildlife reserves with dense rainforest, savanna and rare primate habitats. The Terracotta sculptures of Nok Civilisation (500BC), Kingdom of Nri (9th century) manifested in the Igbo Ukwu bronze items, bronze items from the Ife Kingdom (12th century) and the Royal Bini mask of the Kingdom of Benin (16th century) highlights some of the diverse riches in history and culture found in the app. You can select places to visit and save them as favorites. Navigate to any of the destinations from where you are using google maps. Explore amazing destinations in Nigeria and share the locations with friends and family.”
*This compilation [Nigerian Travel and Tourism Apps] was first researched by Toju Micheal Ogbe on the 11th of November 2021 – and was last updated by Toju Micheal Ogbe on the 27th of August, 2022 – without interference or sponsorship by the featured apps.
Written and poster designed by: Toju Micheal Ogbe.
*This research is open for/to suggestion, donation, sponsorship, collaboration, partnership or advertisement (+2349064503292).
Other Nigerian apps include:
- Accounting and book keeping
- Agricultural trading and investment
- Booking local and international road travels
- Booking taxi services
- Buying, investing and trading in gold, silver and other precious metals
- Buying, selling, renting and leasing lands, houses, apartments and offices
- Buying, selling, servicing and verification of cars, vehicles or automobiles
- Educational and fun learning apps for children
- Emergency services
- Environmental/waste management and recycling
- Errands and logistics
- Event planning and management
- Financial literacy
- Food ordering and delivery
- Identifying and reporting fake products
- Investing in stocks, treasury bills and other financial products
- Learning indigenous languages
- Marketing, business and professional opportunities
- Nutrition, fitness and health
- Reporting sexual misconducts, harassment and violence
- Scheduling meetings
- Social media
- Streaming & listening to songs and music
- Travel and tourism
- Upskilling and placements
- Watching and streaming movies