Recently updated on September 8th, 2022 at 02:49 pm
The Nigerian Apps For Nutrition, Fitness And Health compilation by PositiveNaija provides a guide on Nigerian apps (mobile applications) with quality information and assistance on nutrition, fitness and health.
Apps with user ratings less than 3.0 (assessed alongside with user feedback shared on the app store) are not included in this compilation. Apps that have not been updated for a long time are also not included. In instances where user ratings and feedback are unavailable on the app store, we encourage extra vigilance by (prospective) users.
Nigerian Apps For Nutrition, Fitness And Health
“Infant immunization tracker and reminder.”
“Search for a medical specialist anywhere in the world and obtain a second opinion or referral.
Search and see a doctor using video conferencing or book a face-to-face appointment. Do you have a friend or relative who got sick abroad. Search and contact local doctors and maintain communication with the doctor treating them.
For medical doctors whose patient got sick while abroad you can search for a local doctor and liaise with them to manage you patients. Securely transmit patient record to your colleagues and obtain specialist opinion through video conferencing.”
“LINK UP one-stop help centre for young people facing sexual related health issues, the app provides users with access to Youth Friendly Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights service centers around Nigeria, and access to a safe space where they can speak to a trained counsellor and discuss whatever sexual health-related issues that they are facing, with the promise that their privacy is guaranteed. It uses a Google mapping functionality to help young people find and access adolescent-friendly health care services from facilities closest to them.”
“Medic Dispatch is an end-to-end on-demand solution designed to give you and your loved ones the peace of mind you all deserve when you need to access healthcare services.”
“Download our mobile application and gain access to the inventory of over 1000+ licensed pharmacies across Nigeria. Your quality of medication is guaranteed when you shop with us, the first ISO 9001 :2015 certified online pharmacy in Nigeria.”
“Everyone deserves strong mental health, that’s why our mission is simply to use tele-therapy to strengthen you.
At Nguvu Health, we believe that your mental health is just as important, if not more than your physical health, and that’s why we have licensed mental health therapists on board, who are trained and seasoned to steer you in the right path for your mental health.”
Omomi (meaning ‘My Child’) is an app that provides mothers and expectant mothers with life-saving maternal and child health information while connecting them to medical personnel in real-time.
With Omomi, a mother has a doctor at her fingertips 24/7, because on the app, mothers can chat privately with doctors at any time of the day or night.
Omomi has a vibrant online community called the mothers’ community. On the Omomi mothers’ community, mothers can interact with one another and share their experiences on motherhood, childbirth, childcare and even marriage and relationships.
Using Omomi, mothers can also monitor their children’s progress using the growth monitor and they can manage childhood diarrhoea at home using our interactive, step-by-step guide. Furthermore, they can also keep track of their menstrual cycles using the menstrual calculator.
Main Features: Private Chat with a doctor; Mother’s Community; Growth Monitor; Diarrhoea management; Information on Breast Feeding, Food Supplementation & Family Planning; Maternal calculator.
“There are 3 Ways To WHISPA
1. Whispa chat with our doctors
• On any sexual or reproductive health problem or concern
• It stays Private
2. Get a Sexual health product or service:
• A contraceptive (to confidently prevent pregnancy)
• Home or laboratory Tests (for STDs, pregnancy, ovulation) and more
3. Book an appointment:
• At a nearby hospital for a contraceptive
• or whenever you need a doctor to take a look down there”
*This compilation was first researched, written and poster designed by Toju Micheal Ogbe on the 26th of May, 2021 as well as updated by Okene Eunice Ayobami and Toju Micheal Ogbe on 8th of September, 2022 – without interference or sponsorship by the featured apps.
Image credit: Grace Alegeh
*This research is open for/to suggestion, donation, sponsorship, collaboration, partnership or advertisement (+2349064503292).
Other Nigerian apps include:
- Accounting and book keeping
- Agricultural trading and investment
- Booking local and international road travels
- Booking taxi services
- Buying, investing and trading in gold, silver and other precious metals
- Buying, selling, renting and leasing lands, houses, apartments and offices
- Buying, selling, servicing and verification of cars, vehicles or automobiles
- Educational and fun learning apps for children
- Emergency services
- Environmental/waste management and recycling
- Errands and logistics
- Event planning and management
- Financial literacy
- Food ordering and delivery
- Identifying and reporting fake products
- Investing in stocks, treasury bills and other financial products
- Learning indigenous languages
- Marketing, business and professional opportunities
- Nutrition, fitness and health
- Reporting sexual misconducts, harassment and violence
- Scheduling meetings
- Social media
- Streaming & listening to songs and music
- Upskilling and placements
- Watching and streaming movies